Christian Theology: An Introduction, essentially the most internationally-acclaimed Christian theology textbooks in use, has been thoroughly rewritten for the sixth variation. It now positive aspects new and prolonged fabric and significant other assets, making sure it keeps its popularity because the excellent advent for students.
- A new version of the bestselling Christian theology textbook to have fun its 25th anniversary
- Rewritten all through for unprecedented readability and accessibility, and provides big new fabric at the Holy Spirit
- Features elevated assurance of postcolonial theology, and feminist theology, and prodigious improvement of worldwide theology
- Increases the point of interest on modern theology to enrich the wonderful insurance of ancient material
- A new 2-color layout comprises extra pedagogical positive aspects together with textboxes and sidebars to help learning
- Expanded on-line assets for teachers and scholars to be had at www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath
Read or Download Christian Theology: An Introduction PDF
Best Christianity books
During this selection of essays, the tale of the Crusades is informed as by no means sooner than in an engrossing and entire heritage that levels from the preaching of the 1st campaign in 1095 to the legacy of crusading beliefs and imagery that maintains this day. listed below are the guidelines of apologists, propagandists, and poets concerning the Crusades, in addition to the perceptions and factors of the crusaders themselves and the ability in which they joined the stream.
Mary Peckham Magray argues that the Irish Catholic cultural revolution within the 19th century used to be effected not just through male elites, as past scholarship has claimed, but additionally through the main ignored and underestimated girls in eire: the nuns. as soon as considered only passive servants of the male clerical hierarchy, women's spiritual orders have been in truth on the very heart of the construction of a religious Catholic tradition in eire.
During this publication, Phillip Cary argues that Augustine invented the idea that of the self as a personal internal space-a area into which you'll be able to input and during which you will find God. even though it has usually been prompt that Augustine indirectly inaugurated the Western culture of inwardness, this is often the 1st research to pinpoint what was once new approximately Augustine's philosophy of inwardness and situate it inside of a story of his highbrow improvement and his courting to the Platonist culture.
William Bentley, pastor in Salem, Massachusetts from 1783 to his loss of life in 1819, used to be in contrast to somebody else in America's founding iteration, for he had come to special conclusions approximately how most sensible to take care of a conventional realizing of Christianity in a global ever altering by way of the forces of the Enlightenment.
Additional resources for Christian Theology: An Introduction