By Alister E. McGrath
Thoroughly up to date and extended, this 3rd variation from one of many world's prime theologians introduces scholars to key theological concerns, contextualizing them in the bible and the works of seminal theologians.
- Introduces readers to key theological concerns similar to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, religion, production, salvation, atonement, spiritual background, and heaven
- Thoroughly up to date, with the addition of a brand new bankruptcy at the Holy Spirit
- Now contains pictures and extra pedagogical good points to interact the reader
- Each bankruptcy deals an summary of an incredible topic, provides appropriate biblical passages, and summarizes the contribution of an immense theologian
- Expands the diversity of theological positions mentioned in the ebook, in particular these of latest and feminist theologians
- Maintains the straight forward constitution of the former variation, with the Apostle's Creed as a framework
- Concludes with feedback on how readers can take their research further
- Can be used along the recent version of Theology: the fundamental Readings for a whole assessment of the field
Read or Download Theology: The Basics PDF
Best Christianity books
During this number of essays, the tale of the Crusades is advised as by no means ahead of in an engrossing and complete background that levels from the preaching of the 1st campaign in 1095 to the legacy of crusading beliefs and imagery that maintains this day. listed below are the information of apologists, propagandists, and poets in regards to the Crusades, in addition to the perceptions and causes of the crusaders themselves and the ability wherein they joined the move.
Mary Peckham Magray argues that the Irish Catholic cultural revolution within the 19th century was once effected not just through male elites, as prior scholarship has claimed, but additionally by means of the main ignored and underestimated ladies in eire: the nuns. as soon as regarded as only passive servants of the male clerical hierarchy, women's spiritual orders have been in reality on the very middle of the production of a religious Catholic tradition in eire.
During this e-book, Phillip Cary argues that Augustine invented the concept that of the self as a personal internal space-a area into which you possibly can input and within which you can see God. even though it has usually been advised that Augustine not directly inaugurated the Western culture of inwardness, this can be the 1st learn to pinpoint what used to be new approximately Augustine's philosophy of inwardness and situate it inside a story of his highbrow improvement and his dating to the Platonist culture.
William Bentley, pastor in Salem, Massachusetts from 1783 to his demise in 1819, was once not like a person else in America's founding iteration, for he had come to specified conclusions approximately how top to take care of a standard realizing of Christianity in a global ever altering by means of the forces of the Enlightenment.
Extra resources for Theology: The Basics